LEDAS Geometry Comparison
First Release of LGC Available for Licensing
The first commercial release of LEDAS Geometry Comparison (LGC) technology is now available for licensing as a component. You can integrate LGC into your software through our easy-to-use API, accessing all of its capabilities and so providing additional value to your customers.
LEDAS Geometry Comparison makes it easy to compare 3D models and clearly pinpoint all of the differences between them, which are shown as groups of modified faces. LGC maps topological elements of two 3D models and restores their associativity, allowing attributes, parameters, and constraints to be translated from one model to another. Built-in adjustment technology makes it possible for LGC to compare models that even were translated (moved) and rotated with respect to each other.
The software supports an extensible set of open and proprietary 3D part and assembly CAD formats. The cross-platform LGC code runs on 32- and 64-bit Windows and Linux, in both traditional and parallel MPI (message passing interface) versions. The LGC application programming interface is tuned for work in the cloud, making the integration of LGC into customers’ cloud-based systems as simple as possible.
LEDAS cooperates with start-ups and market leaders, and provides beneficial licensing to early adopters of LGC technology. LGC benefits developers in these scenarios:
- When collaborating with clients, LGC is crucial for comparing models following exports and imports between differing CAD systems
- In inter-departmental design work, companies benefit when LGC checks updated models generated by in-office CAD systems
- As a cornerstone of automated testing of software for generating 3D models, LGC’s tolerance control distinguishes between otherwise unnoticed modifications
LEDAS offers potential customers a free, time-limited evaluation of LGC components under the terms of a standard non-disclosure agreement. To obtain a license for LGC, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Commercial LGC licenses are based on annual payments; the terms are available upon request.
The evaluation package contains the following components:
- LGC component binaries with C++ API for 32/64-bit Windows or Linux
- A standalone demo application of LGC capabilities
- API documentation
- Examples of C++ code using the API in several scenarios and environments
- Sample CAD models for evaluating the technology’s capabilities
A demo application of LGC’s capabilities is available as a free download. This client application works with LGC web server on LEDAS site. Standalone version of demo application is now available as a part of evaluation package under NDA signature.
To learn more about LGÑ, please visit these pages: